Free and Reduced Lunch Program
Meal benefits for new applications cannot start until an application is approved.  Please provide lunch or money for a paid lunch until you receive notice that the application is approved.  A new application (one per household) must be completed each school year to qualify for free or reduced-price lunches. 

If you qualified for free or reduced lunches last year; ALL students must have a current 2023-2024 application processed and on file before October 1, 2023.  If you do not complete a new application prior to this date there may be interruption to your students' benefits.

There are three ways to submit your application: either Online, to the to Nutrition Services at the District Office  or your child's School Office

Your child may be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals.

In these tough economic times, many families who have never needed assistance before are suddenly finding themselves struggling financially.  If your family is in this situation, you might be able to save hundreds of dollars a year by applying for free or reduced-price school meals.

 The benefits are significant.

Families who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch can save hundreds of dollars per child compared with buying full-price school meals or making meals at home.  The school district receives federal reimbursement for the meals, and schools even receive additional federal funding based on how many students have applied and qualified for free and reduced meals-so if you fill out a form and qualify, you are helping both your family and your school!

 This is a confidential program.

The only people who will know your child is receiving benefits are the nutrition staff (unless a release form is submitted in order for us to release information to other school related activities offering benefits to qualifying students). Children receiving free or reduced-price meals are not identified to other students or adults.

 How do you apply?

Applications are available below, in your school office, and at the Nutrition Services Office located at 412 Sweigle Ave.  Molalla, Or. 97038 and can be returned to your school or to the Nutrition Services Office.  If your income or family size changes at any time during the school year, you may apply or reapply at that time.  You can even reapply if you were already qualified for reduced-price meals and a change in your family's situation makes you eligible for free meals.  A new application (one per household) must be completed each school year to qualify for free or reduced-price lunches. If you have any questions about the program or how to apply, please contact Jole Sowders at 503-759-7478.

 How do you qualify?

If your household income is at or below the guidelines, or if your family receives food stamps, TANF, or FDPIR, you qualify! You can qualify for the program even if your situation is short-term, such as a temporary layoff. 

This program is open to all and discrimination is prohibited.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and US Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Person with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are def, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at the USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866)632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by mail:  US Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave SW, Washington DC  20250-9410; or FAX (202) 690-7442; or email:  [email protected].  This institution is an equal opportunity provider.